Divorce Guide

Divorce Guide

Uncontested divorce in Missouri

Uncontested divorce in Missouri is a no fault kind of divorce for troubled couples to dissolve their marriage. Missouri permits simplified divorce where the spouses can jointly and officially ask for separation. This helps the spouses who file divorce petition as uncontested divorce saves time and unnecessary emotional turmoil.

Several courts dissolve the matrimony by official declaration and no hearing. An uncontested divorce requires the couple to put forward records and entire brief testimonies to the divorce court. It makes the task uncomplicated as court receives every detail to evaluate the case. A plenty of online information is available that can be accessed to understand the needs and grounds for an uncontested divorce in Missouri.

Grounds to file an uncontested divorce in Missouri:

  • It is obligatory for one of the spouses to be a resident of Missouri for 90 days before filing the divorce case.
  • For Missouri uncontested divorce, the petitioner should file the divorce appeal in the county where he/she resides.
  • A thirty day waiting period has to be strictly followed after the filing of petition to grant dissolution.
  • The dissolution of marriage in Missouri is a ‘No-Fault’ that means it is an irreparable break up of marriage with no scope for second thought.
  • Usually, the appeal for termination of marriage is filed in the circuit court of county.
  • Usually, the reasons to seek an uncontested divorce in Missouri are: adultery, abandonment, separations by misconduct, ill-behavior, and separate living for two years.

List of forms to be filed for an uncontested divorce in Missouri:

A person filing an uncontested divorce in Missouri has to fill a variety of printed forms that are easily available at divorce attorneys. These are:

  • A petition for dissolution of marriage, Form PSC001
  • A statement of income and expense, PSC050
  • Property, debt and the proposed separation agreement, Form PSC040
  • Missouri department of health certificate for dissolution of marriage, Form PSC065
  • Family court filing certificate, PSC067
  • A parenting plan, PSC501
  • An answer to the petition of dissolution, Form PSC010

As soon as the applicant properly fills and files all the required forms, the respondent needs to be given service of process. Basically, there are four common ways. These are:

  • A waiver in which the petitioner sends a copy of the petition to the respondent to sign and verify a notarized form called an ‘Entry of Appearance and Waiver of Service’. It is then given back to the petitioner to file.
  • A special service where the county sheriff or additional court officer hand delivers the petition to the respondent.
  • Private or special process server if the respondent is complicated or keeping away from being served.
  • Service by publication of a notice of the dissolution in a newspaper. From the date of last publication, the respondent has 45 days to file an answer. If he/she fails to do so, the petitioner may file for a default verdict for final settlement.

Divorce Guide

Divorce Advice
Divorce Laws
Divorce Mediation
File for Divorce
DIY Divorce
Getting a Divorce
Divorce Guide for Men
Divorce Guide for Women
Divorce Child Support
Divorce Questions
Divorce Counseling
Divorce Alimony
Divorce Custody
Divorce Support
Divorce Rights
No Fault Divorce
Divorce Settlement
Divorce Papers
Fast Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
Quick Divorce
Collaborative Divorce
Divorce Cases
Divorce Paperwork
Divorce Procedures
Low Cost Divorce
Divorce Court
Divorce Petition
Stop Divorce
Cheap Divorce Lawyers Divorce Court Records

Divorce in Australia

Divorce in Europe

About Us : Contact Us : Privacy Policy
© All Rights Reserved, Divorce Guide