Make Your Divorce Simple
Divorce is an emotionally challenging procedure. The process of ending the marriage, whatever the reason may be, unnerves the person. Out of all this emotional complications, the couple also has to take care of the legal procedure of divorce. Isnít it a good idea to make an effort towards a simple divorce that doesnít challenge you financially, emotionally and mentally?
Divorce is a legal matter and litigation is always strenuous for a common man. If there is too much complication in your divorce, it will further complicate your life. In USA where one out of every four marriages ends in divorce, the effort is to make the process simple. A divorce case is generally complicated when there is discontent among the couple about too many issues Ė child custody, child support, alimony, property division or any other issue.
Uncontested divorce is always simpler, quicker and less expensive. An uncontested divorce is where the couple gets into an agreement about issues involved in divorce and requests the court to grant divorce. Nothing can be as simple as this, getting into an agreement on your own without involving the court. Uncontested divorce is the best way to have a simple divorce.
However as every case is different and uncontested divorce is not always possible, the best way to make a divorce simple is to cooperate with each other. Letís see a few ways in which the couple can participate together and reduce the complications.
How To Ensure A Simple Divorce:
Many couples have a prenuptial agreement before they tie the wedding knot. This is a good way to end your divorce in a simple manner. However, if you do not have a prenuptial, you can still make efforts towards a simple divorce.
- Intention for simple divorce: The intention for simple divorce has to be a both sided affair. If only one partner is worried about making the divorce simple, it wonít work. It can only be achieved by the efforts of both the partners.
- Mutual financial settlement: Try to reach a financial settlement where the interest of both the parties is taken care of. The partner who is keeping the child should be given proper financial support.
- Be transparent: In order to reduce the emotional and technical complications involved in divorce, the couple should maintain transparency as far as possible. You should be transparent about your income and property details and do not hide facts in order to save yourself from paying alimony or sharing property. Lack of transparency will make the other party skeptical of your intentions and complicate the matter.
- Give access to important papers: During the Discovery phase, the court demands important documents from each party in order to substantiate the facts. There is a possibility that your spouse does not have access to some paper or detail. In such instances it is better to share the details or papers and work towards a simple divorce.
- Let go: Do not make an issue over a trivial matter, for example division of household items, or visitation issues. Try to agree with your partner if the issue is not of very serious implication. Better to let go off small things than to face divorce trials for months.
A simple divorce ensures that you save time, effort and money. Simple divorce is also less taxing for the children because they undergo a lot of emotional pain on seeing their parents fighting against each other during the trials.
File for Divorce
Getting a Divorce
Divorce Guide for Men
Divorce Guide for Women
Divorce Child Support
No Fault Divorce
Low Cost Divorce
Cheap Divorce Lawyers
Divorce Court Records
Divorce in Australia
Divorce in Europe