Getting a quick divorce in USA
Recent statistics show that divorce rate has increased tremendously. Procedures for getting a divorce in USA are lengthy and complicated. There are many couples who want to get separated from each other in a peaceful manner without undergoing the long painful process. Getting divorce is not an easy process. But you and your spouse can simplify this lengthy process by getting a quick divorce in USA.
Quick divorce is a good technique of getting fast and inexpensive divorce. The long drawn legal process can be avoided. With the consent and cooperation of both the spouses, quick divorce can take place in no time.
Process of Getting a Quick Divorce in USA
- You and your spouse should agree on the terms and conditions of divorce. There should be no litigations regarding children (if any) and property.
- Check it out if your partner wants to contest the divorce. If this is the case, separate out as soon as possible. A quick divorce can be granted even if both the spouses are living apart for a year. Try not to get indulged into a contested divorce as it can take years to get solved.
- Go for a no-fault divorce. In this type of divorce, none of the parties are responsible for getting separated and for the end of the marriage. Under no-fault divorce, you do not require any valid reasons to get a quick divorce.
- You can look out for cities and states that grant fast divorce than the place where you stay. For example: residents of Nevada can get a fast divorce in Reno.
- There are some countries which grant quick divorce to foreigners. You can seek for a fast divorce in such countries also.
5 Simple Steps to Get a Quick Divorce
- Fill in the form called “petition for divorce”. Here you have to state the reason why you should be granted divorce. Submit this form and any other related papers if asked to any divorce court.
- After the first step, a copy of petition would be served upon your spouse by the court and also to anyone named as a co-respondent.
- You can ask the court to grant you a divorce if your spouse does not contest the divorce.
- The judge will issue the decree nisi only after reviewing your case and being satisfied with all the reasons and issues discussed and then the divorce should be granted.
- You can apply for decree absolute after 43 days of issue of decree nisi. The moment you receive decree absolute, it means that now you are divorced.
So for getting a quick divorce in USA, all you need is to follow the guidelines and you get a divorce within two months. Try to mutually solve the issues and make the divorce process simpler. By undergoing quick divorce, both the spouses are satisfied by the time and costs that may be required for the lengthy divorce process.