Divorce Guide

Divorce Guide

How to start a DIY divorce

Start over Smart!

The most considerable thing in do it yourself divorces is to have prior knowledge of divorce procedures (depending on the place you live), the paperwork involved, forms and their filling. Make an extensive research about the legal procedures and family laws involved in a divorce, in your residing place or country. Make an evaluation of all the issues between you and your spouse, conditions of your own divorce and propose agreements with your spouse. This with help in a better coverage of all the aspects involved in the case and allows you to take charge of your own divorce, control over the situations and make a better decision.

To initiate your divorce from the comfort of your home you can opt for online services. These online services provide complete documentation packages with instructions. Depending on the factors, they allow customization as per your divorce case. So, you can gather all the data necessary to file a case online. In fact, in some of the places nowadays, the judicial systems are allowing online submission of the forms. You can submit your forms online on their official sites.

To start a divorce, you will need to file the case in the court. The legal procedure differs from country to country. The forms are available at court clerk’s office of a District family court or you can download all the forms online. Once you complete all the paperwork you must take it to court clerk’s office. The papers are first reviewed by court clerk.

First you will need to file a case in the court to issue the summons/ complaint against the other party. A summon is the notification issued on the court orders to inform the other party that you have filed the divorce case. Then the case is filed against your spouse followed by serving the papers to the other party. Court issues an order, Notice of Automatic Court Orders. This starts your divorce case. You must keep copy of each document as a proof with you. Also, pay the filing fee unless it is waived.

The other party can also respond to the lawsuit and file an Appearance form to receive notifications from the court about the dates of case hearing. Also, a Cross Complaint can be filed by the respondent to tell the court what he wants. The form for filing a complaint or a cross complaint are the same except that a box is provided at the top of the form showing if it is a complaint or a cross complaint.

To make things easier you and your spouse can sit together to make settlement agreement regarding child custody, parenting and visitation, alimony, assets and property.

…Make your divorce a positive experience rather a certain sense of stigma…

Divorce Guide

Divorce Advice
Divorce Laws
Divorce Mediation
File for Divorce
DIY Divorce
Getting a Divorce
Divorce Guide for Men
Divorce Guide for Women
Divorce Child Support
Divorce Questions
Divorce Counseling
Divorce Alimony
Divorce Custody
Divorce Support
Divorce Rights
No Fault Divorce
Divorce Settlement
Divorce Papers
Fast Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
Quick Divorce
Collaborative Divorce
Divorce Cases
Divorce Paperwork
Divorce Procedures
Low Cost Divorce
Divorce Court
Divorce Petition
Stop Divorce
Cheap Divorce Lawyers Divorce Court Records

Divorce in Australia

Divorce in Europe

About Us : Contact Us : Privacy Policy
© All Rights Reserved, Divorce Guide