Divorce decree papers, decree papers after divorce
Divorce decree papers are the final document prepared by the court. It gives information about terms and conditions of the divorce. It is signed by judge and both the spouses and filed with county clerk.
Certified copies of divorce decrees are accessible from the vital records office of the state in which the divorce was approved. You can submit your request by mailing or personally visiting to the office. In some states, copies of divorce decrees are only accessible to the ex-wife, ex-husband, or one of their lawyers to keep the privacy of separated parties intact. It takes few weeks to process.
Instruction to apply for the divorce decree papers.
- Compose a letter to request for a copy of your divorce decree. Always include your full name, your ex-husband or ex-wife's full name, place of your divorce, date of your divorce, and reason for which the copy is needed.
- It is beneficial to include your or your ex-wife's maiden name to help the state court to find your records easily. Include your current address, your driver license number and phone number, and the state where it was issued and date on request letter. Sign the letter.
- If you are not the ex-husband or ex-wife, explain your relation with them.
- Send the letter with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the vital records office in the state where your divorce was approved.
- Also attach Xerox copy of your photo identification to the latter
- Normally, the copies of your divorce decree should be sent to you by mail. If you have not received anything, call the vital records office to make sure that the request was received.
The issues which are concluded in divorce decree papers are:
- Division of marital property.
- Custody, child support, and visitation of Children which is mutually completed.
- Maintenance or spousal support if applicable.
- If an individual wants to remarry, or wants to remove an ex-spouse from bank accounts and other assets, or wants to change back to his/her maiden name, a copy of this document is needed.
- While giving a written request, it is significant to find out each state’s necessities for obtaining a copy of a divorce decree.
To make sure that the appeal is filled and a copy of the divorce decree is sent fast, following steps should be followed.
- The letter should be as short as possible containing only needed information.
- All information should be printed and not hand written so that it is readable.
If any one of the spouses is not agreeing on final divorce decree of the court, he/she can apply to ‘Motion to set aside judgment’. This must be done within 30 days of the day that decree was signed.
Divorce decree papers are the final document of your divorce .Divorce decree papers not only gives you rights but creates responsibility for both the spouses. If anyone refuses to obey terms and conditions of the divorce decree, he/she can be punished by court.
File for Divorce
Getting a Divorce
Divorce Guide for Men
Divorce Guide for Women
Divorce Child Support
No Fault Divorce
Low Cost Divorce
Cheap Divorce Lawyers
Divorce Court Records
Divorce in Australia
Divorce in Europe