Washington divorce court
The cases of divorce has increased over past few years and this is the reason, Washington divorce court are hearing and trying thousands of divorce cases every day. Washington law of divorce allows both the parties to end their marriage without providing the fault of other spouse. Washington superior courts generally handle the divorce cases. You must follow certain rules and laws to follow the divorce procedure in Washington.
The filing for divorce requires details information of both the parties along with the residential requirements and grounds. The person filing for divorce in Washington must live in Washington State on the date that the petition of divorce is filed in Washington divorce court. Either of the spouses must be resident for at least 6 months prior to filing for divorce.
The petition of divorce must be filed according to the Washington grounds on which the divorce is filed. The divorce grounds can be no fault where both the parties must have lived separately for at least 1 year. The fault grounds can be desertion, adultery, cruelty, and irreconcilable differences.
There are certain a family law issue which court considers on trail basis .it includes alimony, child custody, child support, property division, and debt payment. If issues of children are involved, property is given to them.
- Alimony in Washington State is called as maintenance. Court will consider finances of each party, duration of marriage, physical ability of both the parties and standard of living
- Washington divorce law requires a parenting plan, when issues of children are involved. It includes a schedule of where children stay and a statement of how the parents plan on handling the future argument.
- Both the parents should provide financial support to their children. Child support is based on Washington child support schedule. Child support can always be customized by the court depending on the parentís request.
- Issues related to property division and debt payments are considered by the curt depending of the marital and non marital assets. These assets are divided in equal way and payment of debt is given to each spouse as the court finds it fit.
Process of filing divorce in Washington divorce court:
- Once you fulfill all the residential requirements and follow the grounds for filing divorce, you can file for the petition. You have to complete the petition form. A lawyer can assist you well in completing the form. Petition must be filed in the county where you residing currently, and not where you get married.
- Other than petition make sure that you file other documents like, address proof, marriage certificate and proof of grounds sating the divorce.
- Make copies petition and other documents. File one copy with the court and serve another copy to the spouse. If spouse is staying in Washington, you should get the response within 20 days and if spouse is staying outside Washington state you should get response within 60 days
- Summon and petition must be filed with court and served upon the respondent for more than 90 days before the Judge makes decision.
- Once judge makes the review of all the documents, a decree is signed by him/her stating that the parties are divorced.
The waiting period for the people to get divorce is three months. Filing fees cost around $200-$250.other cost includes making copies and delivering service fees.
File for Divorce
Getting a Divorce
Divorce Guide for Men
Divorce Guide for Women
Divorce Child Support
No Fault Divorce
Low Cost Divorce
Cheap Divorce Lawyers
Divorce Court Records
Divorce in Australia
Divorce in Europe