San Antonio divorce court
San Antonio divorce court deals with the divorce taking place in San Antonio, Texas. San Antonio court deals mostly with uncontested divorce. The process of divorce in san Antonia is same as other divorce process taking places in U.S.to get uncontested divorce in San Antonio is relatively easy and simple. The court deals with the family law matters.
The process in the San Antonio divorce court starts when the petition (complaint form of divorce) is filed and ends when divorce decree is signed by the court. The person filing the petition is called the petitioner or plaintiff and the other spouse is called the respondent or defendant.san Antonio follows the Texas divorce court for finalizing the divorce.
There are certain grounds and residential requirements which you should follow before filing the divorce. Either you or your spouse must be the resident of Texas at least 6 months. You must be residing in Bexar County, Texas for ninety days. People filing for divorce in San Antonio can file on fault or no-fault basis. If divorce is based on no fault basis, the person should mention the reason stating the marriage breakdown. In case if the divorce is applied on fault grounds: It can be adultery, cruelty, imprisonment, impotency or mental health problem.
Most of the people filing for divorce prefer uncontested divorce as it takes less time compared to contested divorce. Court considers issues related to family law that can be alimony, child custody, child support, property division and debt payment. All these issues are solved by the court on trial basis.
- Court considers factors like earning income, financial capacity of the spouse and marriage length are considered when alimony issue is considered.
- Child custody is given priority by the court as it takes time to get solved. For this issue, factors like parenting plans, parents relating with children and capacity of the spouses to fulfill the child need.
- Child support includes factors like earning capacity of the spouses, education facility for the child. It mainly considers factors that can provide financial security to the child.
- Court tries to settle down the issues by providing the equal distribution of assets and debts on marital and non marital basis.
Process of filing divorce:
- Divorce is legal process which involves many complications. To understand the process it is advisable to hire a lawyer. The experienced a lawyer can guide you well in your divorce case.
- Make sure that you are the resident of Bexar country, Texas when you file for petition. File the petition with the Bexar County. Pay the necessary fee to the county’s clerk. Your lawyer can also handle these filing procedures.
- File the petition along with the important documents mentioned by Texas law. These documents include information of the spouses, social security numbers, financial records, and VIN numbers of vehicles and inventory of personal items. Serve the petition to the spouse and wait for the response. Once you get the response, you have to file the waiver of citation with the county’s clerk. This form must be signed by both the parties.
- Once judge checks all the documents and signs the final decree stating that divorce is granted.
Incase if divorce is uncontested you can file for divorce in San Antonio divorce court on your own.
File for Divorce
Getting a Divorce
Divorce Guide for Men
Divorce Guide for Women
Divorce Child Support
No Fault Divorce
Low Cost Divorce
Cheap Divorce Lawyers
Divorce Court Records
Divorce in Australia
Divorce in Europe