Child support payment options
Divorce is a life transforming event which changes the life of the couple involved and also that of the children. Divorce has a negative impact on children with long drawn consequences.
Child custody and child support issues are highly complex when not handled well. Issues in regard to child support payments lead to multitude of arguments and disputes.
Child support payment-
Child support payments are paid by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent. The custodial parent has the primary custody of the child and also raises the child.
Child support payments would not be affected by the amount of time the non-custodial parent spends with the child.
The payments for child support would only be increased or decreased, if the same has been decided by the court. Expenses in regard to medical and educational needs would not come under any change, unless decided by the judge.
Child support payment options-
Child support payments can be made online.
Some steps to make child support payments online are-
- It would be advisable to go to the expert pay website. It would be required by you to fill in all the necessary details.
- You can enter the amount to be paid with options. You can also choose how you would like to pay child support. Child support payments online can be made as a one time payment either from your credit or debit card. You can also set up recurring payments, which can be taken out at a certain time each month.
- While making child support payments online, it would be essential that you read everything. You should make it a point to read the FAQ section, so that you understand how you would be paying and all the details that would be required by you.
Child support payments can also be made in person, for the same one would have to know about the legalities of child support payments. Child support payments would depend on the number of children and income generated by the non-custodial parent.
More information on child support payments-
- It would be beneficial for you to hire a lawyer. Your lawyer would help you with all the legalities involved. Your legal advisor can arrange to set up payments for you or even back payments for you.
- Get as much as legal advice you can. The requirement of a lawyer would entirely depend on the complexity of your case.
- In cases where you choose to make child support payments yourself, you would have to be co-operative and reasonable with your ex. Both the parents would have to agree on certain issues and come on an agreement which would be suitable for the child.
- Both the parents have to put in writing what they have agreed upon. After the agreement is made, defaulting in any way would cause severe penalties. The documents have to be signed and dated.
While making child support payments, you must always keep the best interest of your child in mind. Think for your child as a parent.